ONLINE TRAUMA-INFORMED YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
WITH TAYLOR WRAY
Join me for a weekend of exploring and learning the foundations of trauma-informed yoga.
Add your name to the waitlist to be the first to hear when registration opens for the next online Trauma-Informed YTT!
This training is for any yoga teacher who wants to create a safe space for students and clients.
Because every human being has experienced some form of trauma in their life, your students carry their trauma (knowingly or unknowingly) with them to class.
Understanding how to teach yoga with a trauma-informed lens will help you to better serve your students, clients and community.
In this experiential online training, yoga teachers will learn the essential principles and practices of trauma-informed yoga, including:
- The nervous system and how trauma affects brain, mind and body
- The types and symptoms of trauma in the mind and body
- Spiritual bypassing
- Somatic and mindfulness-based practices and tools for resourcing and self-regulation
- Trauma-informed language and cues that are inclusive for everyBODY
- How to teach yoga to special populations, such as sexual assault survivors, domestic abuse survivors, incarcerated individuals, students in addiction and eating disorder recovery, veterans, students suffering with chronic pain or illness, and at risk youth.
- How to sequence a trauma-informed yoga class
- How to reduce harm in the wellness/yoga community
- How you can use a trauma-informed lens to benefit the general population, from public classes in studio settings to students who are not necessarily experiencing trauma, but are experiencing daily stress.
Teaching with a trauma-informed lens invites you to create a safer, more accessible and inclusive yoga space for everyBODY.
This weekend immersion is held online over Zoom and will require you have video and audio, a good internet connection and a quiet space.
We will have plenty of movement, practices and snacks to break up the screen time. :)
PARTICIPANTS OF THIS TRAUMA-INFORMED YTT WILL RECEIVE:
- A Trauma-Informed Yoga teacher training manual
- 12 hours of continuing education with Yoga Alliance
- Certificate of completion
Trauma-Informed Yoga Teacher Training with Taylor Wray!
The only prerequisite is that you've completed a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training.
**If you are currently struggling with trauma symptoms or other mental or emotional symptoms, please speak with your mental health provider to determine if this is training is appropriate for you.
Talking about trauma can be triggering, and this training is not appropriate for anyone actively struggling with trauma symptoms.
If you are unsure, please reach out to Taylor to discuss @taylorwrayyoga.com