TRAUMA-INFORMED YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
WITH TAYLOR WRAY
Join me for a weekend of exploring and learning the foundations of trauma-informed yoga!
March 5-6, 2022
I believe every yoga teacher should have an understanding of trauma and how it impacts the mind and body. Every single person has experienced some form of trauma in their life...which means your students show up to yoga (knowingly or unknowingly) with trauma, PTSD or stress. Understanding how to teach yoga with a trauma-informed lens can only help you to better serve your students, clients and community.
This training is for any yoga teacher interested in understanding trauma-informed yoga and wants to create a safe space for students and clients.
In this experiential in person training, yoga teachers will learn the essential principles and practices of trauma-informed yoga, including:
- The nervous system and how trauma affects brain, mind and body
- Symptoms of trauma in the mind and body
- Spiritual bypassing
- Different types of trauma
- Somatic and mindfulness based practices and tools for resourcing and self-regulation
- Trauma-informed language and cues that are inclusive to everyBODY
- How to teach yoga to special populations like: sexual assault and domestic abuse survivors, incarcerated individuals, addiction and eating disorder recovery, veterans, illness and chronic pain and at risk youth.
- Sequencing a trauma-informed yoga class
- Creating a safe space and setting for your students and clients
- How to reduce harm in the wellness/yoga community
- The benefits of trauma-informed yoga
- How to teach the general population with a trauma-informed lens; i.e. public classes in studio settings and students who are not necessarily experiencing trauma, but are experiencing daily stress
Teaching with a trauma-informed lens invites you to create a safer, more accessible and inclusive yoga space for everyBODY.
PARTICIPANTS OF THIS TRAUMA-INFORMED YTT WILL RECEIVE:
- A Trauma-Informed Yoga teacher training manual
- 14 hours of continuing education with Yoga Alliance
- Certificate of completion
- $230 non-refundable deposit to secure your spot
- $460 early bird rate paid in full by February 4, 2022
- $490 after February 4, 2022
- Remaining balance due by February 25, 2022
March 5-6, 2022
Saturday and Sunday: 11:30 - 6:30
Kula Yoga Studio - 12240 North 51st, Ave, Glendale, AZ 85304
Trauma-Informed Yoga Teacher Training with Taylor Wray!
The only prerequisite is that you've completed a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training.
**If you are currently struggling with trauma symptoms or other mental or emotional symptoms, please speak with your mental health provider to determine if this is training is appropriate for you.
Talking about trauma can be triggering, and this training is not appropriate for anyone actively struggling with trauma symptoms.
If you are unsure, please reach out to Taylor to discuss @taylorwrayyoga.com