TRAUMA-INFORMED TEACHER TRAINING
WITH TAYLOR WRAY
Join me for a weekend of exploring and learning the foundations of creating trauma-sensitive spaces.
I believe every facilitator, yoga teacher, energy worker and space holder should have an understanding of trauma and how it impacts the mind and body. Every single person has experienced some form of trauma in their life...which means your clients, students and community show up to your classes, events and offerings (knowingly or unknowingly) with trauma, PTSD or stress.
Understanding how to facilitate your offerings, teach yoga and hold space with a trauma-informed lens can only help you to better serve your students, clients and community.
This training is for any yoga teacher interested in understanding trauma-informed yoga, therapists, facilitators within the healing community, space holder of any type and everyone who wants to create a safe space for your community.
This training covers the foundations of trauma-informed yoga and many other tools and practices to help teach self-regulation, deescalation and somatic based practices.
In this experiential in person training, you will learn the essential practices listed below:
- The nervous system and how trauma affects brain, mind and body
- Symptoms of trauma in the mind and body
- Spiritual bypassing
- Different types of trauma
- Somatic and mindfulness based practices and tools for resourcing and self-regulation
- Trauma-informed language and cues that are inclusive to everyBODY
- How to teach yoga/movement/breathing practices to special populations like: sexual assault and domestic abuse survivors, incarcerated individuals, addiction and eating disorder recovery, veterans, illness and chronic pain and at risk youth.
- Sequencing a trauma-informed yoga/movement class
- Creating a safe space and setting for your students and clients
- How to reduce harm in the wellness/yoga community
- The benefits of trauma-informed yoga/movement
- How to teach the general population with a trauma-informed lens; i.e. public classes in studio settings and students who are not necessarily experiencing trauma, but are experiencing daily stress
Facilitating with a trauma-informed lens invites you to create a safer, more accessible and inclusive yoga space for everyBODY.
PARTICIPANTS OF THIS TRAUMA-INFORMED YTT WILL RECEIVE:
- A Trauma-Informed teacher training manual
- 15 hours of continuing education with Yoga Alliance
- Certificate of completion
Next date TBD - check back soon!
Kula Yoga Studio - 12240 North 51st, Ave, Glendale, AZ 85304
Trauma-Informed Teacher Training with Taylor Wray!
**If you are currently struggling with trauma symptoms or other mental or emotional symptoms, please speak with your mental health provider to determine if this is training is appropriate for you.
Talking about trauma can be triggering, and this training is not appropriate for anyone actively struggling with trauma symptoms.
If you are unsure, please reach out to Taylor to discuss @taylorwrayyoga.com
Want to learn more about trauma-informed yoga?
To learn more about the importance of teaching yoga with a trauma-informed lens, listen to Episode 6 of my podcast, Yoga Teacher Circle.Listen to Episode 6